Playing with ALL the Pieces
Topic: Re-Calibration of Worship Passage: Luke 4:14–4:21
Worship in the Word Rev. Ryan C. Manners
“Playing with All the Pieces” (Luke 4:14-21)
- While previously conditioned to believe that the ‘physical weekend gathering’ was an ‘absolute necessity’ for the advancement of the Gospel, God has since shown us that in actuality, it is really more of a ‘privileged component’! (Luke 4:16; Hebrews 10:25; 13:14; Acts 2:1; 8:1b; 12:12; Daniel 1:1-2; Matthew 16:18)
- The temporary removal of the Queen, allows for the re-calibration of our worship to strategically adopt a church model that “plays with ‘ALL’ the pieces”! (Daniel 4:28-37; Jeremiah 31:31-34; Ephesians 4:11-12; Psalm 115; 137)
- God has/can/will use cultural crisis as a catalyst for producing a more inclusive expression of worship! (Daniel 1:1-2; 4:28-37; John 4:23-24; Psalm 137)
- Synagogue Evolution – Created new local leadership roles.
- Extended worship/ministry centers to local villages.
- More inclusive worship focus & methods – singing, reading scripture, prayer
- Jesus participated in the new form of Synagogue worship so that He could point us towards the ministry of the Messiah that was to happen all throughout the week! (Luke 4:16-21; Isaiah 58; 61:1-2; Matthew 11:5)
- Proclaiming & demonstrating good news to the poor! – (Isaiah 58:6-7)
- Bringing liberty to the captives – spiritually & emotionally (John 8:31-36; Luke 11:21-22)
- Bringing sight to the blind – physically and spiritually – (John 9:25; Matthew 11:5)
- Healing services – Savior, Sanctifier, Healer, and Coming King! – (Matthew 15:21-28)
- Casting out demons – “Soul Care” (Matthew 8:28-34)
- Sharing the imminent return of the Messiah – (Matthew 24:36-44)
- God didn’t first form the church and then assign it a mission, but rather He formed the church FOR the mission! (John 3:16-17; Matthew 28:18-20)
- The local churches that adopt a missional game plan of ‘playing with ALL of the pieces’ will have the most impact on the Kingdom, post-pandemic!
(Luke 4:18-19; Acts 3:6-7; 4:32-35; 5:41-42; 6:7; Philippians 4:14-19)
- The favorable year of the Lord ‘ushers in’ the Day of Vengeance of our God! (Luke 4:19; Isaiah 61:2b; 63; Matthew 24:14; Psalm 32:6)
- Does your missional game plan involve a mindset of “playing with all the pieces” or does it still revolve around the Queen?