The New Testament gives specific examples of how we’re supposed to relate to each other in life and in community with others.
There are actually 59 different “one another” examples of this found within the New Testament. Here are nine of them:
- Love one another with brotherly affection!(Romans 12:10)
- Bear one another's burdens! (Galatians 6:2)
- Serve one another! (Galatians 5:13)
- Show hospitality to one another! (1 Peter 4:9)
- Build up one another! (1 Thessalonians 5:11)
- Stir one another up to love and good works!(Hebrews 10:24)
- Encourage one another! (Hebrews 10:25)
- Confess your sins to one another! (James 5:16)
- Pray for one another! (also James 5:16)
I challenge you to ask yourself: “How much of this is really possible for me to experience in only a few hours on a Sunday morning?”
Realistically, probably not very much!
That’s why the CORE of our church model utilizes what we call missional “Community Life Groups”. Community Life Groups are the place where we cultivate authentic Christian community with "one another". It is here that we endeaver to "go deeper" in our relationship with Jesus and with others. And it is in the context of this environment that disciples are made as we pursue authentic relationships, meaningful conversations, and deep-rooted commitment in the context of community development all throughout the week!
We also believe that this investment in "Community Life Groups", will bring a richer, more missional, and meaningful purpose to our corporate Sabbath worship gatherings!
To learn more about our Community Life Groups, or how you connect through the "side door", visit our "What to Expect" page!